Request Military Records

In order to provide services and benefits to veterans, certain forms and records must be presented to the local Veterans Service Office for verification.  Under current federal policy, a variety of factors can affect the types of services and benefits you are entitled to receive. 

The DD Form-214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty, is available in short or long form, and will be necessary for you to present in order to begin the claims process.  To request a DD-214, use the link below, or you can request one from the National Archives and Records Administration.

For further assistance, please contact the NC DMVA to speak with a Veteran Services Technician who can assist you.