Women Veterans Programs
2021 NC Women MilVets Summit
Educate, Empower, Enrich: Emerging & Lighting the Way Forward
The 2021 North Carolina Women Milvets Summit is an event aimed at empowering military and veteran women to live healthy and happy lives, become successful leaders in their communities, and to advocate on behalf of military and veteran women when necessary. The intent of the summit is to capture an audience of women that are Active Military, Veteran, US Military Reserve and NC Army & Air National Guard.
Women veterans, active military, and community advocates throughout North Carolina will participate in this event. The presenters are subject matter experts in their fields and will provide relevant information to improve the quality of life for military and veteran women by providing:
- Resources and benefits for better physical and mental health
- Awareness of various federal and state benefits and resources
- Tools for economic success through employment and career opportunities
- Information regarding personal goal success through smooth transitioning from active duty to veteran status
- Support for overall growth and development through Women military/veteran Community connections to improve overall quality of life
There will be scheduled time at the end of the summit for questions and answers.
Women Milvets Summit: Thursday, October 21, 2021 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
The Summit will be streamed live on Facebook on the Governor’s Institute Facebook page. Follow and Like the Governor's Institute page for updates.